Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2014 and has since been updated.
Looking to implement an managed print solution? Need to win over the decision makers in your office? Want to win business with your customers? Here are seven key benefits of managed print services (MPS) that can help you sell your team and your customers on the value of MPS.
- Printer fleet reduction. Do you know the total cost of ownership (TCO) for the devices in your customers' print environments? Do you know which devices are responsible for the most downtime? An MPS solution can provide you with the information you need to effectively consolidate your customers' printer fleets, get rid of unnecessary devices and replace those that are nearing their end of life.
- Reduced print volumes. If your customers don’t have a document management process in place, MPS can be the first step toward implementing a complete MPS strategy. By giving you access to in-depth data about your customers' print activities, MPS can help you optimize print processes for your customers, reduce unecessary printing and cut down on wasted supplies.
- Improved security. Many devices now come with built-in user authentication and activity tracking, but an MPS program can offer an additional level of security by encrypting device data and using comprehensive permissions to ensure people only have access to the information they need.
- Control and accountability. In addition to security, an MPS solution can provide you with more insight into your customers’ print environments, enabling you to develop defined processes, run reports, and create proactive supply and service alerts.
- Remote management. Expand your service areas and target new markets with a managed print solution. Managed print provides you with remote access to your users’ fleets for supplies fulfillment, meter collection and billing, remote remediation and more.
- Reduced environmental impact. With an MPS solution you can help your end users reduce their paper usage, reduce wasted supplies and consolidate devices to lower their electrical consumption. There are also MPS programs that offer reforestation projects like PrintFleet partner, PrintReleaf. Using PrintReleaf Exchange (PRX), PrintReleaf reverse-calculates paper consumption to determine your environmental impact on the world’s forests and offsets this by planting new trees.
- Increase efficiency. Like remote management, increased efficiency means you can do more with less. Instead of spending time and money visiting customer sites to collect meters, for example, you can get everything you need for billing in minutes with an MPS solution. Managed print can increase your bottom line, simplify device management and help you save money for your customers.
Getting started with managed print services (MPS) can be challenging. Before you can fully realize the benefits of MPS, you need to choose the right MPS provider for your needs, implement your MPS solution, launch your program and, eventually, measure the success of your program to ensure you're on the right track. This may seem like a lot of work, but benefits like these are hard to pass up.
To learn more about managed print services, download our free Introduction to MPS Handout!