Job title: Intermediate Software Developer
Organization: ECi Software Solutions Canada Inc. d/b/a PrintFleet
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Status: Full-time, Permanent
ECi PrintFleet is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to continue to provide the best in software solutions to small and medium-sized businesses.
ECi PrintFleet is at the heart of the global imaging and printing supply chain. Our technology and platform drives the integrated imaging integrated supply chain through partnerships with the who's who of imaging device industry.
ECi PrintFleet is located in the lake side city of Kingston, Ontario, a great place to live and work. Reasonable cost of living and minimal commutes in the Limestone City support an excellent work/life balance that allow you to be passionate about a great work environment at the heart of global system while enjoying life in a very liveable city.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about building great software. Our team forms themselves around solving problems in the best possible manner using the people and skills available. In this way, we are able to take on new developers and adjust to make the best use of everyone's talents, and likewise, developers are able to learn new things as long as the team is delivering on its goals.
Why Choose PrintFleet Development?
- PrintFleet uses the latest technologies and frameworks wherever possible and we believe in using the best tool for the job
- Feature Lead positions rotate, providing great opportunity to develop leadership skills in a smaller, mentoring environment
- Complete continuous integration environment and commitment to TDD
- Stable environment with mature customer base and exceptionally high renewal rate, combined with high growth and new opportunities
- We score 11 out of 12 on the Joel test:
✓ Do you use source control?
✓ Do you make daily builds?
✓ Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
✓ Do you have a spec?
✓ Do you use the best tools money can buy?
✓ Do new candidates write code during their interview?
✓ Can you make a build in one step?
✓ Do you have a bug database?
✓ Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
✓ Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
✓ Do you have testers?
✗ Do you do hallway usability testing?
- Curiosity and a drive to continuously learn
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Questions assumptions
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Create and design code and implement new features
- Change, alter, and improve existing functionality
- User interface, data layer, and data backend
- Participate in full stack development
- Research new technology and prototyping
- Work with Quality Assurance to develop test cases and Quality Assurance automation
- Work with cloud operations to support and enhance cloud operations (including automation, emerging development operations approach)
- Participate in daily code review
- Feature delivery
- 3-5 years in a similar role
- Proficient in at least two programming languages
- Experience working with large databases (100+ GBs) or data warehouse design
- Experience in graphic design and/or usability (UX) design
ECi Software Solutions Canada. would like to thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted. ECi Software Solutions Canada. is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org.