Job title: Model Team Lead
Organization: ECi Software Solutions Canada, Inc. d/b/a PrintFleet
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Status: Full-time, Permanent
ECi PrintFleet is seeking a Model Team Lead to continue to provide the best in software solutions to small and medium-sized businesses.
ECi PrintFleet is at the heart of the global imaging and printing supply chain. Our technology platform drives the imaging integrated supply chain through partnerships with the who's who of imaging device industry.
ECi PrintFleet's industry-leading family of print management solutions range from simple rapid assessment to advanced managed services offering unparalleled agnostic data collection, data integrity and back end support. Available in multiple languages, PrintFleet solutions empower OEMs, dealers and distributors in over 100 countries to sustain rich customer relationships through creating exceptional value for their clients.
Why Choose PrintFleet?
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, professional development, continuing education, healthcare and dental care benefits, global opportunities and more. In addition, you will be working with industry leaders, gaining hands on experience working collaboratively with development, sales and marketing teams.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Model Team Lead “owns” the delivery of imaging device model definition information to the broader product organization. An integral part of the PrintFleet Solution architecture relies on imaging device model specific information being available to the onsite discovery and analysis engine. This information is delivered as both a descriptive model database and an individual model specific definition file. The information for both delivery mechanisms comes from a variety of sources, including both relationship based documentation, empirical methods deployed globally into the field and use of simulators and laboratories both internal and with our industry partners. The model team lead is responsible for working across the PrintFleet organization to gather and interpret these data sources in order to create and maintain/validate both the global model database and the individual model definition files.
This is a great role for someone who wants to combine their existing technical and relationship skills with an opportunity to acquire extremely deep imaging industry domain knowledge by working closely with the leading global imaging device manufacturing software engineering groups around the world and with the PrintFleet software development and account management teams. This is a great opportunity to build deep domain knowledge, relationships and a reputation in a multi-billion-dollar global industry.
As a key specialist role, there is a huge opportunity to learn all aspects of the technical operations of a global software company operating in a state of the art Cloud (AWS) environment. Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, research skills and the desire to learn and participate in the delivery of an industry leading product will be rewarded with a unique opportunity to “learn the trade” from highly experienced professionals who have worked around the world and have deep expertise in the industry.
What we look for:
- Excellent research and interpretation and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadlines.
- Excellent and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in a technical environment.
- Strong initiative, eager to learn and a desire to build a career based on that knowledge.
- Strong analytical orientation and ability to translate and reduce complex technical specifications into a structured format.
- Creative and proactive communication skills both written and verbal in order to work closely with external software engineering organizations and internal global key account managers with ownership of the manufacturer relationships.
- Results-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze extensive data in order to provide results on tight timelines.
- Knowledge of or exposure to the imaging (printing) and copier or device management industry.
- Own the collection, interpretation and transformation/reduction of device specifications and supporting data into a structure format to be consumed by the broader product team.
- Works across the organization to manage the engineering/technical part of manufacturer relationships and support the software and product delivery teams with timely and accurate information and product deliverables (MDF files).
- Conduct research on new technologies, makes and models across the global print and imaging device market.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Cloud/DevOps team to ensure model and device information is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure robust cross functional coordination and collaboration with supporting parts of the business, including Customer Experience, Account Management and product groups.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a team software development environment.
- Experience working with detailed engineering specifications such as IETF RFPs, MIB Specifications and firmware engineering documentation.
- Some knowledge of the printing and imaging device market and the design and manufacturing and operations of printing device technologies.
- International experience is considered an asset
- Exposure to, or knowledge of, Asian cultures and languages is considered an asset
ECi Software Solutions Canada. would like to thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted. ECi Software Solutions Canada. is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org.