Job title: Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Organization: ECi Software Solutions Canada Inc. dba PrintFleet
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada (or Remote when qualified)
Status: Full-time, Permanent
ECi PrintFleet is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to continue to provide the best in software solutions to small and medium-sized businesses.
We are currently looking for a skilled and passionate Quality Assurance Analyst with experience in creating, executing and maintaining test plans and test cases for our complex product suite that includes cross-platform data monitoring tools and enterprise-level cloud applications and services enabled using the Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure.
You will be part of a team of talented software engineers, committed to build state-of-the-art applications using the latest standards and technologies that are targeting both cloud-enabled enterprise applications with cross-platform availability. We use the Scrum/Agile framework to make sure that we always deliver best quality products with every release, while focusing on the customer satisfaction.
Our team forms around solving problems in the best possible manner using the people and skills available. In this way, we are able to take on new developers and adjust to make the best use of everyone's talents, and likewise, developers are able to learn new things as long as the team is delivering on its goals.
PrintFleet is a part of the Device Management Business Unit with ECi Software Solutions, a larger worldwide SMB services and software solutions provider. Headquarters is located in Fort Worth Texas, USA and consists of more than fifteen hundred employees located across 4 continents.
PrintFleet's industry-leading family of print management solutions range from simple rapid assessment to advanced managed services offering unparalleled agnostic data collection, data integrity and back end support. Available in multiple languages, PrintFleet solutions empower OEMs, dealers and distributors in over 100 countries to sustain rich customer relationships through creating exceptional value for their clients.
PrintFleet is located in the lake side city of Kingston, Ontario, a great place to live and work. Reasonable cost of living and minimal commutes in the Limestone City support an excellent work/life balance that allow you to be passionate about a great work environment at the heart of global system while enjoying life in a very liveable city.
Why Choose PrintFleet Development?
- We use the latest technologies and frameworks wherever possible and we believe in using the best tool for the job.
- Our solutions are deeply integrated with Amazon’s AWS cloud platform
- Fully defined Scrum roles and a mature process that goes through the entire SDLC
- Complete continuous integration environment and commitment to TDD
- Stable environment with mature customer base and exceptionally high renewal rate, combined with high growth and new opportunities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education in a computer or engineering related discipline
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn
- Ability to translate design specs and requirements into test cases with expected results
- Ability to write clear and precise defects with adequate reproduction steps and expectations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and technical problem-solving skills
- Experience with manual and automated testing
- Capable of reporting test details to peers and management
- Ability to use virtualization tools and manage multiple testing environments
- Experience or good understanding of using and installing multiple platforms and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows and MAC OS X)
- Experience with large databases (100+ GBs) is a plus
- Experience with writing SQL queries and validating data in the database
- Willing and able to make credible decisions for the QA discipline
- Able to provide feedback on overall product quality
- Scrum/Agile development experience is a plus
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
This is a huge opportunity to learn all aspects of the technical operations of a global software company operating in a state-of-the-art Cloud (AWS) environment. Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, research skills and the desire to learn and participate in the delivery of an industry leading product will be rewarded with a unique opportunity to “learn the trade” from highly experienced professionals who have worked around the world and have deep expertise in the industry.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the SDLC and associated methodologies
- Demonstrate ability to learn and train others in product area, QA tools, and general QA functions
- Investigate, define and clarify product backlog items where appropriate
- Contribute to product level test strategies
- Create, maintain and execute tests based on test plans and/or regression plans
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for their activities
- Conduct quality assurance activities on policies, procedures, standards and features assigned
- Complete ambiguous tasks with minimal guidance and support
- Communicate verbally and in writing with team members and management on product issues
- Proactively communicate to team any risks, design and quality issues, or increases in scope/time required
- Accurately report on progress on goals to team through effective use of tools and team-based communication
- Participation in requirements and design reviews
- Consistently work in an agile manner and support a culture of quality and continuous improvement
- Proactively seek to improve working environment
- Support Quality Culture
- 3+ years in a similar role
ECi Software Solutions Canada. would like to thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted. ECi Software Solutions Canada is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org.