Job title: Tier II Technical Support Representative
Organization: PrintFleet Inc.
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Status: Full-time, Permanent
PrintFleet is at the heart of the global imaging and printing supply chain. Our technology platform drives the imaging integrated supply chain through partnerships with the who's who of imaging device industry.
PrintFleet's industry-leading family of print management solutions range from simple rapid assessment to advanced managed services offering unparalleled agnostic data collection, data integrity and back end support. Available in multiple languages, PrintFleet solutions empower OEMs, dealers and distributors in over 100 countries to sustain rich customer relationships through creating exceptional value for their clients.
Why Choose PrintFleet?
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, professional development, continuing education, healthcare and dental care benefits, global opportunities and more. In addition, you will be working with industry leaders, gaining hands on experience working collaboratively with development, sales and marketing teams.
Provides moderately complex technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods. Possesses a strong understanding of the organization's products and services, but escalates complex inquiries. Will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to customers via telephone, email and remote control for the range of solutions
- Diagnose and resolve customers problems
- Diagnose anomalies that may be observed and offer explanations
- Provide weekly reports to key customers
- Report and track bugs
- Ensure that customers are kept up to date at all times
- Answer customers questions
- Provide pre-sales technical support
- SQL querying including writing advanced customer reports
- Distributing customer support materials to clients, including new user guides, technical documentation, requirements documents, etc.
- Training on system components and sharing Best Practices to ensure optimal experience
- Assist with integrations to third party applications
- Configuration and Implementation of Data Collection Agent and PFE Enterprise Solutions
- Apply relevant updates to various product lines
- 24/7 shift rotation and on-call support
An enthusiastic individual with experience in providing IT support to office environments and an interest in cross-platform networking, Internet technologies. Someone with excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team as well as managing their own work load and time management. Keen to learn - through on the job training, formal training and personal study. Needs the ability to relate in a professional, courteous, calm and friendly manner to all types of callers from different backgrounds who hold different positions.
Requires a computer sciences degree or equivalent and 3-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of business concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Will report to department manager.
- Experience in providing IT support, ideally in a helpdesk environment
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows on both desktop and server
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work on own and under pressure
- Good time management and priority handling
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Initiative to find answers to new questions
- Professional working attitude
- Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, DOS
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/Virtual Machines
- Server Software: MS Exchange, FTP Server utilities, Microsoft IIS 6.0
- Network Architecture: Remote Connectivity (VLAN, VPN, RDP, VNC), Routers, Switches
- Network Security: Firewalls (ISA, NetGear, Sonic, Windows), Proxy Servers (ISA, Squid, BlueCoat), Web Filtering
- Client Server Technologies
- Software Deployment Technologies (SMS)
- MS SQL server 2005/2008
- MS Hyper-V and/or VMware
- MS IIS 6 and 7
Preference will be given to applicants who also have the following qualifications:
- Software coding, including:
Relational Databases (SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005)
- Web Development (HTML/ASP/AJAX/PHP/MS .Net/Java)
- Knowledge of development lifecycles
- Experience with laser printers, copiers, and other imaging devices
PrintFleet Inc. would like to thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted. PrintFleet Inc. is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Brittany at email@example.com.